Tis the season…to be blogging (and jolly)!
You may have noticed Booked for the Weekend took an overly extended sabbatical – however I couldn’t leave you all without a final post to close out the year. It seems like just yesterday I launched Booked for the Weekend, which evolved into an extremely fun journey. Thank you all for allowing me to share pieces of me with you, and for sharing pieces of you in return. It truly brings me joy to share the various books I’m reading, destinations I wish to one day see, and brunches I’m currently crashing with each of you through. In the year of 2019 I’m framing everything I do around one word: intention. Be prepared for intentional weekly posts, and on a more consistent basis. If I’m being completely honest there came a point this year where I completely lost my momentum, however your girl is back.
The year of 2019 will be here before we know it, making 2018 a soon-to-be lost memory. One thing I don’t plan on quickly forgetting? All of the amazing reads I was able to devour, whether it be within my book clubs, Goodreads selections, or simply novel swapping with friends. Before the year comes to a close, treat yourself to a good read that’s been long awaiting on your TBR list. Don’t have one? No worries, this is where this post comes into play. Without all of the additional fluff, I wanted to leave you all with a little Christmas present of my own – a list of my favorite reads of the year.
Gabrielle’s Favorite Books of 2018
1. The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
2. Crazy Rich Asians trilogy by Kevin Kwan
3. Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
4. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy by Jenny Han
5. A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
6. Eleanor Oliphant is Perfectly Fine by Gail Honeyman
7. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
8. Around the Way Girl: A Memoir by Taraji P. Henson
9. God Help the Child by Toni Morrison
10. Becoming by Michelle Obama
What were some of your favorite reads of the year? Let us know below in the comments!
Cheers to the final weeks of the year!